What to expect:
As you will know, sports massage involves the practitioner & the client to work in close proximity with each other. For the safety of both, a set of protocols will be followed reflecting the latest government & industry advice throughout the Corona Virus period. These are as follows but are subject to change as the official guidance changes (hopefully for the better).
You as a client:
- Clients may only attend if they, & everyone in their household, have been Covid-19 symptom free for at least the last 14 days.
- Clients use the Track & Trace app or notify myself if they develop any Covid-19 symptoms up to 14 days after their massage treatment.
- Our waiting area cannot be used so please wait outside the main gym door (at the metal railing) at the time of your appointment or in your car if you’re early. I will come outside to greet you at your appointment time.
- Clients use the hand sanitiser (own or provided) upon entering the building.
- Clients to be vigilant & stay 2 meters distance from everyone in the building wherever possible.
- Clients are required to attend wearing a form of face covering but then may be removed once face-down on the massage couch.
- Once in the building, allow myself to open all the doors for you to minimise the surfaces you touch.
- Clients are encouraged to keep personal belongings to an absolute minimum & keep them in their bag / coat pockets (these may be placed on the chair)
- If you need to cough or sneeze please turn away & use a tissue or in to your elbow, then dispose of tissue immediately & wash hands.
- All payments to be made online (Paypal or bank transfer) prior to or at your treatment.
- The toilets are currently only to be used if essential, in which case I will issue you with antibacterial wipes for all areas that you touch & paper towels to dry your hands with.
- Clients are encouraged to sanitise their hands upon leaving & exit the building to avoid chances of contact with other clients.
Myself as the Practitioner:
- The treatment room will be clean with fresh couch-roll & towel as always.
- The very tops of the windows will be ajar to allow for ventilation. (don’t worry – these are too high for anyone to see in)
- Frequently touched areas (Chair, massage couch, taps etc) will be disinfected after every client.
- I will be wearing a face mask & apron throughout your appointment & a visor if in close face-to-face proximity. (feel free to laugh at me)
- I am leaving 30min gaps between appointments to minimise client-to-client contact & allow me time to clean / prepare the room for the next client.
- After my final client I will clean the treatment room & the relevant contents ready for the next day.
I know this looks a lot but I’m sure most of you would do all of this anyway. As a responsible business I need to have these protocols in place, please don’t let it put you off, your safety is paramount to us & your massage will still be a positive experience.